Technical Account Manager
This position offers an excellent opportunity at a fast-growing, NASDAQ-listed global software and services company that is expanding domestically and internationally. The Technical Account Manager (“TAM”) is responsible for managing and growing Cornerstone’s customer base. Cornerstone’s business performance relies on client satisfaction first and foremost and this role is highly visible throughout the organization. This position requires a unique and talented individual that excels in multiple business disciplines including business development, solution selling, consulting, project management and customer service.
The TAM should strive to bring together different functions in Cornerstone toward a common objective of overcoming business and technical hurdles with the goal of delivering top-quality technical services to our key accounts. These customers are typically Fortune 500 accounts with highly complex and/or sophisticated usage of our solution to meet their global integrated Talent Management strategy.
To be a good fit for this position you'll have at least five years of customer-facing, project management, account management/sales, and consulting experience. You will need business process and technical aptitudes. You will quickly become an expert on the Talent Management industry, the Cornerstone application and the business processes that it supports. Excellent customer service skills are a must, as well as a positive and upbeat attitude to build satisfied and loyal and loyal clients, and an entrepreneurial spirit. Finally, you'll need the professional maturity and savvy to manage and prioritize your time, work autonomously as a remote employee, and interact effectively with business and technical professionals internally and externally.
This role requires up to 20-30% travel as required to meet with clients domestically and internationally. This role will report directly to the Senior Director of Global Care and Client Experience based in Santa Monica.
- Collaborate with the Business Account Manager (“BAM”) to develop a sound account strategy that clearly outlines business goals, action plans, software solution and services pipelines for planning purposes, progress against goals/plans and an Overall Relationship Scorecard.
- Develop and deliver technical scorecard as part of the Quarterly Business Review Process with Premier accounts. If a QBR is not warranted then it will be delivered as an independent exercise by the TAM
- Triage and conduct initial discovery on all inbound technical projects (require a Statement Of Work, or “SOW”, and project plan) and technical Service Requests which do not require a full SOW
- Identifying customers’ business challenges and aligning Cornerstone products/services to create world-class solutions that deliver significant value
- Assess an account’s existing infrastructure and implementation for best practices on the technical aspects of the Cornerstone solution before making recommendations based on the account’s unique requirements. This will often require collaboration with other functions including Global Care, Product Management, Client Success and Technology teams to ensure that the client is presented with a suite of options to meet their stated business and technical needs
- Pass business requirements documents and supporting materials to the Integration Services Team who will scope and draft a SOW, schedule, manage and deliver the solution, while keeping the TAM informed of progress
- Manage and maintain accuracy of all SOWs in our CRM System. These items will be commissionable to the BAM
- Serve as a point of escalation for all technical related projects and Service Requests once standard functional channels have been exhausted
Experience / Qualifications
- 5+ years experience with client-facing support services and team management
- Bachelor's degree
- Advanced troubleshooting and problem-analysis skills, across people, process and technology
- Track record of achieving results through collaborating with multiple functions across a company
- Ability to innovate in a fast-growing work environment and comfortable dealing with ambiguity and sometimes highly-charged situations
- Highly motivated self-starter who is a team-player and is passionate about the success of others
- Strong professional etiquette and ability to diffuse and resolve conflicts
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
Core competencies in a successful candidate include:
- Technical aptitude
- Client relationship management
- Conflict management
- Organizational awareness
We work hard. Cornerstone OnDemand is a place where you will work with cool, smart, driven and innovative people. We share a vision and strive to revolutionize human capital development through our world class talent management software.
We play hard. At Cornerstone, we understand there is more to you than your job title. So let us get to know you at our monthly happy hours or team get-togethers. If sports are your thing, come and play on our championship-winning basketball and kickball teams, or maybe just attend a Lakers or King’s game with our Premier Staples Center seats. From our holiday party to our anniversary event, we are big on celebrating and we want you to be a part of that.
Health – Free health insurance coverage - medical, dental, vision, life insurance, and Long Term Disability (LTD) benefits
Food - Fresh Fruit or Bagels for Breakfast, Free lunch Fridays, and food at all other times*
Vacation / Time Off - 2 weeks’ vacation, plus Birthday off, plus sick days, flexible work schedule available
Other - Flexible spending benefits, gym membership, 401K, annual performance review, Stock Options, 2 monitors and state of the art tools and technology, open and collaborative work space, waterfront view of the Santa Monica beach
About Cornerstone OnDemand
Cornerstone OnDemand (NASDAQ:CSOD) is a global leader of cloud-based talent management software solutions. 9.4 million users across 180 countries rely on Cornerstone to maximize their potential, develop their skills and foster new levels of collaboration. Cornerstone empowers some of the world’s leading organizations, such as Starwood Hotels & Resorts, The Neiman Marcus Group, Save the Children, Turner Broadcasting System, Virgin Media and Pinkberry, to engage their workforces and leverage people performance for greater business results.
Cornerstone OnDemand is also committed to empowering communities around the globe by improving access to education and opportunities through the Cornerstone OnDemand Foundation.