Analyst, Financial Planning & Analysis
We are seeking an analyst with exceptional forecasting, budgeting, and financial modeling talent. This position will help to drive the success of the business by providing information and analysis to assist in decision-making. This position would be reporting to the Sr. Manager of Financial Planning & Analysis and would be supporting various functions within the Finance/Accounting department. We are looking for someone who is honest, hardworking, and able to interact with management on a daily basis. This candidate must be focused, intelligent, dependable, and able to have fun. We provide an attractive environment for career advancement in a fast growing company.
- Develop a thorough understanding of the business and conduct technical, accounting-based research to create models and forecasts for management with definitive financial/trend data and advice for use in setting and realizing company objectives.
- Assist in the ongoing preparation of monthly, quarterly, and annual (multi-year) GAAP forecasts, including, budget to actual variance analysis, reforecasts, etc.
- Assist in preparation of monthly reports; including, P&L, Balance Sheet, Cash Flow, and supporting schedules, as needed.
- Partner with the Accounting team for reporting requirements and budget to actual variance analyses. Work directly with operation groups to update forecasts and monitor performance.
- Provide support and assist with ad-hoc requests and special projects.
- Analyze current internal business processes and improve efficiency.
Required Skills and Experience
- Bachelor’s degree in Accounting, Finance, Business Administration, or Economics is preferred.
- Minimum of 1 – 3 years work experience in corporate finance, financial planning & analysis, investment banking, or other related fields.
- Strong working knowledge of Excel, PowerPoint, and Word.
- Previous experience working with NetSuite and Salesforce.com is a plus.
- Experience in cash flow reporting, financial close processes, and accounting principles in computer software or related industries is preferred.
- Must have an interest in the technology industry.
- Strong research, analytical skills, pro-active problem solving skills, and self-motivated to perform tasks above and beyond responsibility.
- Excellent communication skills (written & verbal).
- Must be capable of working in fast-paced and changing environment; be self-directed and work well as a team player
Full Medical, Dental, Vision and Life insurance Benefits, Fresh Fruit Tuesday, Bagel Breakfast Wednesdays and Free Lunch Fridays, Gym Membership, 2 Weeks Vacation, 401K, Flexible Spending Benefits, Annual Performance Review and STOCK Options, all in a Beautiful Business Park in Santa Monica, Ca.
About Cornerstone OnDemand
Cornerstone OnDemand empowers people around the world with on-demand, integrated learning and talent management software and services for connecting, developing and performing in the workplace. Used by over 7.5 million active subscribers in 179 countries, the company is headquartered in Santa Monica, California and has international offices in London, Paris, Munich, Mumbai and Tel Aviv. A successful software company with a smart workforce, we offer a fun entrepreneurial, collaborative, and challenging work environment.
Cornerstone OnDemand is also committed to empowering communities around the globe by improving access to education and opportunities through the Cornerstone OnDemand Foundation.