The position is a key contributor in the General Accounting team of the Finance Department. The position reports directly to the Accounting Manager, and will be responsible for accounting and finance related functions such as: monthly close, supporting external auditors and SEC Reporting Manager, and other special projects as assigned.
We are looking for someone who has the willingness to expand range of responsibilities as needed based on the evolution of the company and the role, willingness to work in a fast-paced, intense, and rapidly expanding company, and orientation to “roll up their sleeves” to do what it takes to meet commitments. The candidate must be hardworking, smart, dependable, and able to have fun. Compensation package includes annual bonus, merit increase, and stock options.
- Prepare monthly journal entries and reconciliations for prepaid & other assets, fixed assets, capital leases, intercompany, and other general ledger accounts.
- Analyze and document various periods’ balance sheet and income statement fluctuations.
- Prepare supporting schedules for quarterly reviews, interim and annual audit, and other external financial compliance activities.
- Provide requested schedules to assist in the preparation of financial forecast, and SEC filings.
- Work with other teams within the department to ensure accurate close process.
- Perform ad-hoc projects as assigned.
Required Skills and Experience
- Must have a Bachelor’s Degree in Accounting; a CPA is preferred.
- Must have between 1 to 2 years of accounting experience.
- Strong analytical skills, detail-oriented, and high regards for accuracy.
- Must be able to work independently, a self-starter, and is a team player.
- Creative ability to improve current processes.
- Ability to interact with all levels within the organization.
- Must have very strong leadership, written and verbal communication skills.
- Proven experience working in a team under pressure to meet deadlines.
- Must be proficient in Excel and Word. Experience with Netsuite is a plus.
Full Medical, Dental, Vision and Life insurance Benefits, Fresh Fruit Tuesday, Bagel Breakfast Wednesdays and Free Lunch Fridays, Gym Membership, 2 Weeks Vacation, 401K, Flexible Spending Benefits, Annual Performance Review and STOCK Options, all in a Beautiful Business Park in Santa Monica, Ca.
About Cornerstone OnDemand
Cornerstone OnDemand empowers people around the world with on-demand, integrated learning and talent management software and services for connecting, developing and performing in the workplace. Used by over 7.5 million active subscribers in 179 countries, the company is headquartered in Santa Monica, California and has international offices in London, Paris, Munich, Mumbai and Tel Aviv. A successful software company with a smart workforce, we offer a fun entrepreneurial, collaborative, and challenging work environment.
Cornerstone OnDemand is also committed to empowering communities around the globe by improving access to education and opportunities through the Cornerstone OnDemand Foundation.