State and Local Government Sales Executive
In January 2008, Cornerstone OnDemand launched a Public Sector line of business that includes federal government, state and local government. Since that time, Cornerstone has experienced significant business growth in all areas, but in particular, state and local government. In 2011, the Cornerstone Public Sector team has aggressive plans to build out its state and local government sales territories across the United States, including West, Central, Southeast and Northeast regions.
We are seeking successful software sales executives to sell our state-of-the-art, Software-as-a-Service (SaaS)Talent Management Suite to the State and Local Government market. Ideal candidates will have a proven ability to successfully establish and sell enterprise software solutions to senior-level executives and practitioners of State and Local Government agencies.
You will work remotely and sell into a regional marketplace. Your initial training will take place in Santa Monica, CA. Compensation is competitive and commission is generous.
We are open to qualified candidates residing in the following sales regions:
- West – CA, OR, WA, NV, AZ, CO and more
- Central – MN, WI, IL, IN, OH, MI, MO, TX
- Northeast Area – PA, NY, MD, MA
- A central or east coast location near a large airport is a plus
- Secure new business leads by cold calling
- Manage your assigned marketplace
- Build consensus
- Develop, negotiate and close long-term agreement with accounts in your assigned marketplace
- Meet sales quota
- Conduct virtual and live presentations around our solutions
- Coordinate with Marketing to create marketing strategy and materials specific to state and local government
Required Skills and Experience
- Bachelor’s Degree in Business, Marketing, or related degree
- A minimum of 5 years enterprise software sales experience, successfully selling high level complex software/technology solutions at the executive level
- Experience selling HR-related software
- Track record of exceeding company sales quotas
- Aggressive, hard-working, persuasive, persistent, self-motivated, and productive
- Multitasking and strong time management skills
- Excellent communication skills and analytical skills
- Must be comfortable demonstrating software and speaking to technical and non-technical executives alike
- Experience with CRM tools like SalesForce.com and Microsoft Office
Full Medical, Dental, Vision and Life insurance Benefits, Fresh Fruit Tuesday, Bagel Breakfast Wednesdays and Free Lunch Fridays, Gym Membership, 2 Weeks Vacation, 401K, Flexible Spending Benefits, Annual Performance Review and STOCK Options, all in a Beautiful Business Park in Santa Monica, Ca.
About Cornerstone OnDemand
Cornerstone OnDemand empowers people around the world with on-demand, integrated learning and talent management software and services for connecting, developing and performing in the workplace. Used by more than 5.2 million active subscribers in 179 countries, the company is headquartered in Santa Monica, California and has international offices in London, Paris, Munich, Mumbai and Tel Aviv. A successful software company with a smart workforce, we offer a fun entrepreneurial, collaborative, and challenging work environment.
Cornerstone OnDemand is also committed to empowering communities around the globe by improving access to education and opportunities through the Cornerstone OnDemand Foundation.