Tax Senior Manager/Director
This is a key position within the Finance team and report directly to either the Global Corporate Controller or VP of Finance, with significant interaction with the Chief Financial Officer. The candidate will be a key contributor to many departmental goals and objectives and lead multiple projects including finalizing the international tax structure. This person will be responsible for all tax related functions such as ensuring the Company is in compliance with Federal, State and International tax laws, preparation of GAAP reporting under ASC 740 and FIN 48, and research and analysis of tax issues. This person will be asked to independently manage projects to completion, communicate effectively with all management teams, and stay current with corporate tax best practices and changing tax laws.
We are looking for someone who is honest, hardworking, and able to interact with management on a daily basis. This candidate must be focused, intelligent, dependable, and able to have fun. We provide an attractive environment for career advancement in a fast growing company.
- Complete quarterly income tax provisions for multiple entities and jurisdictions (internationally) and deferred tax asset/liability calculations in accordance with ASC 740.
- Provide support and manage all income tax compliance including foreign corporation tax filings with external service providers.
- Manage the international tax planning process including foreign subsidiary earnings and profits, foreign tax credits and coordinating the completion of the Company’s transfer pricing study by an external CPA firm.
- Prepare sales tax, property tax, and state excise tax returns on a monthly or quarterly basis.
- Tax research and plan to minimize tax burden, while considering various business scenarios, working on projects to maintain and reduce the Company's effective tax rate and taxes paid.
- Work with external service provider to implement and support the Company’s program for R&D tax credits.
- Work with the Company’s tax consultants and auditors to accounting professionals to improve accounting and tax processes.
Required Skills and Experience
- Must have a Bachelor’s Degree in Accounting and a CPA.
- Must have between 8 to 12 years of CPA firm experience with a focus on federal and multi-state corporate income tax, ASC740 analysis and international tax coordination. At least 1 year of corporate experience is a plus.
- Must have very strong leadership, analytical, written and verbal communication skills.
- Must be able to work independently and a team player.
- Proven experience working in a team under pressure to meet deadlines.
- Must be proficient in Excel and Word. Experience with Netsuite is a plus.
Full Medical, Dental, Vision and Life insurance Benefits, Fresh Fruit Tuesday, Bagel Breakfast Wednesdays, Free Lunch Fridays, Flexible Spending Benefits, Gym Membership, 401K, 2 Weeks Vacation, Annual Performance Review and Stock Options, all in a Beautiful Business Park in Santa Monica, Ca.
About Cornerstone OnDemand
Cornerstone OnDemand empowers people around the world with on-demand, integrated learning and talent management software and services for connecting, developing and performing in the workplace. Used by more than 5.2 million active subscribers in 179 countries, the company is headquartered in Santa Monica, California and has international offices in London, Paris, Madrid, Munich, Mumbai and Tel Aviv. A successful software company with a smart workforce, we offer a fun entrepreneurial, collaborative, and challenging work environment.
Cornerstone OnDemand is also committed to empowering communities around the globe by improving access to education and opportunities through the Cornerstone OnDemand Foundation.
For more information, visit www.csod.com.