Admiral Group to Transform
Global Employee Learning with
One of the U.K.'s largest car insurance providers will use Cornerstone Learning and Cornerstone Connect to drive employee development and improve collaboration
LONDON — 20 March 2017 — Cornerstone OnDemand (NASDAQ:CSOD) a global leader in cloud-based learning and human capital management software, today announced that Admiral Group, one of the largest car insurance providers in the U.K., has selected Cornerstone to drive business performance through better, more accessible learning for its global workforce.
Admiral’s story is one of rapid growth and innovation. In 1993, the then startup had only 57 employees and no customers, but has since grown to become a leading car insurance provider in the U.K. with operations in seven other countries. The company largely credits this success to its commitment to engaging and developing its people since day one.
Now, with 8,500 employees across Europe, India, Canada and the U.S., it was clear that the company’s previous learning management system (LMS) could no longer support the scale of the company as it grew both geographically and in size. Admiral needed a cloud-based system that not only provided deeper insight and visibility into employee training needs and compliance, but also would be intuitive and easy to use.
When considering new providers, Admiral searched for clear, in-depth reporting tools and a system that would encourage self-directed learning for its employees. Throughout the decision-making process, it was important to the company that its employees’ preferences were taken into consideration to ensure complete buy-in. Employees were surveyed and completed focus groups to identify the features users both liked and disliked.
Admiral selected Cornerstone’s products for learning and development, as well as workplace collaboration, to reinforce its commitment to continuous learning and employee engagement across its global workforce. Since implementing Cornerstone in the autumn of 2016, Admiral has already seen a positive impact on its business, including:
- Ensuring talent readiness. Admiral creates all of its own learning content – from compulsory courses to soft skills training – and it’s crucial for its people to have easy access to it. Cornerstone’s intuitive user interface enables employees to easily navigate the system, access relevant learning content and drive their own development strategy, helping to ensure talent readiness and mobility across the organisation. With improved usability since implementing Cornerstone, Admiral has met or exceeded its target of 3,500 course completions per month, and has increased e-learning completion rates from the 2016 monthly average.
- Smarter compliance. In a highly-regulated industry like insurance, employee compliance is business critical. While Admiral’s previous LMS helped conduct assessments around compliance, the company could only see if the person had passed or failed. Cornerstone’s software is helping Admiral understand, question-by-question, where and why its people are making mistakes. As a result, the company can identify skill gaps and assign the necessary training for each of its employees.
- Fostering employee collaboration and engagement. More than just a solution for training and compliance, Cornerstone helps organisations develop an engaged, collaborative and skilled workforce. Admiral’s growing global employee base required a solution that would not only foster real-time team collaboration and support social learning, but one that would also help to cultivate its people.
Comments on the News
“When looking for a solution we left no stone unturned,” said Mark Andrews, e-learning coordinator, Admiral Group. “Cornerstone was the leader in terms of its interface, ability and longevity, and we also heard great things about the support available from Cornerstone’s team. Implementing new software can be daunting, but the process with Cornerstone was smooth. Cornerstone guided us with patience and ensured the solution fitted our needs. Our next big focus is collaboration between business units, so we will be using Cornerstone to get people sharing tools, materials and best practice. We’re right at the start of our relationship with Cornerstone and have been thoroughly impressed so far.”
“To achieve and sustain its incredible growth, the development and engagement of its people has always been important to Admiral’s business,” said Vincent Belliveau, executive vice president and general manager of Europe, Middle East and Africa (EMEA), Cornerstone OnDemand. “Having worked with many companies in insurance and financial services, we know the unique challenges Admiral is up against. They required a configurable, scalable solution that would continue to grow with them, and in particular one that would offer both an engaging self-directed learning experience as well as strong compliance capabilities. We look forward to building on our initial success with Admiral and enjoying a successful long term partnership.”
- For more information about Cornerstone’s Learning suite, visit: www.cornerstoneondemand.com/learning-suite
Cornerstone OnDemand (NASDAQ: CSOD) is a global leader in cloud-based learning and human capital management software. The company is pioneering solutions to help organisations realise the potential of the modern workforce. From recruitment, onboarding, training and collaboration, to performance management, compensation, succession planning, people administration and analytics, Cornerstone is designed to enable a lifetime of learning and development that is fundamental to the growth of employees and organisations.
Based in Santa Monica, California, the company’s solutions are used by more than 2,900 clients worldwide, spanning nearly 30 million users across 191 countries and 42 languages. To learn more about Cornerstone, visit us on Twitter, Facebook and our blog. www.cornerstoneondemand.co.uk.
About Admiral Group
- Admiral Group plc, through its subsidiary company EUI Limited, principally sells private motor insurance and associated products, such as cover for breakdown, car hire and personal injury. EUI Limited markets directly to the public in the UK through its four core brands: Admiral, elephant.co.uk, Diamond, and Bell.
- Admiral Group plc employs over 6,000 UK staff and has more than 5 million customers worldwide.
- Admiral Group is Wales’ only FTSE 100 Company. Group turnover was £2.12 billion (2014: £1.97 billion).
- Admiral Group, through its subsidiary companies, consists of 13 major brands - Admiral, elephant.co.uk, Diamond, Bell, Gladiator and Confused.com, all based in the UK, Admiral Seguros and Rastreator.com based in Spain, ConTe.it based in Italy, LeLynx.fr and L’Olivier.fr based in France and Elephant.com and Compare.com based in the USA
- Admiral Group's website address is www.admiralgroup.co.uk
- Admiral Group was named the 6th best company to work for in the UK in 2016 in the Sunday Times Best Companies Best Companies To Work For, as well as the 9th Best Multinational Workplace in Europe in 2016.
- Follow Admiral Group on Twitter at www.twitter.com/admiralgroup
Cornerstone® and Cornerstone OnDemand® are registered trademarks of Cornerstone OnDemand, Inc.
Charlotte Stoel/Lucy Steadman
Phone: +44 (0)203 861 3600
Phone: +44 (0)776 788 4556