ArcBest Prepares Next Generation of Leaders with Cornerstone
Cornerstone helps ArcBest reskill new leaders through engagement, learning and coaching as baby boomer managers reach retirement age
SANTA MONICA, Calif. – Dec. 4, 2018 – Cornerstone OnDemand (NASDAQ:CSOD), a global leader in cloud-based learning and human capital management software, is helping to train the next generation of leaders at ArcBest (NASDAQ: ARCB), a leading logistics company for supply chain solutions.
As a company dedicated to the success of its employees and customers since its founding in 1923, ArcBest has experienced very low employee turnover. With a significant number of managers approaching retirement age, ArcBest leveraged Cornerstone’s suites for learning and performance to quickly upskill hundreds of new leaders. Along with a seamless integration with IBM’s Watson Talent Frameworks, a library of thousands of industry-specific job profiles, ArcBest was able to connect the dots for employees between learning objectives, development plans and performance management.
Since implementing the new systems in 2012, ArcBest has experienced the power of an integrated platform to help prepare the next generation of company leaders. The company’s results so far include:
- Developing new leaders quickly
- Increased ownership of learning for employees
- Standardized coaching across job levels and departments
- Increased engagement by employees with the review process
- Building stronger relationships between talent management team and business leaders
Comments on the News
“This creative learning process is another example of ArcBest living true to our growth value, which reminds us that we grow our people and grow our business,” said Jason Turner, vice president of talent and growth initiatives at ArcBest. “We are also seeing more engagement overall, which drives results. It’s been a win-win for us.”
“Cornerstone’s solutions enabled ArcBest to manage every phase of the employee’s development cycle, establishing consistency and increasing engagement,” said Chris Stewart, senior vice president of global customer success. “ArcBest has set a high bar for learning and performance standards, and we look forward to continuing to support the company in its efforts to develop its people.”
- To learn more about Cornerstone’s performance suite visit www.cornerstoneondemand.com/performance.
- To learn more about Cornerstone’s learning suite visit www.cornerstoneondemand.com/learning.
- For more information about ArcBest’s success using Cornerstone, visit www.cornerstoneondemand.com/clients/arcbest.