Commvault Unlocks Employee
Potential with Cornerstone OnDemand
The need to attract and retain in-demand candidates in the technology industry leads to shift in talent management strategy at Commvault
SANTA MONICA, Calif. — July 13, 2017 — Cornerstone OnDemand (NASDAQ:CSOD), a global leader in cloud-based learning and human capital management software, today announced that Commvault, a global leader in enterprise backup, recovery, archive and the cloud, is using Cornerstone’s learning and performance management software to support the company’s overall goal of unlocking employee potential through continuous learning and development.
A publicly traded company founded in 1996, Commvault employs more than 2,700 highly skilled employees to deliver enterprise backup, recovery, archive and cloud solutions to companies across the world, activating their clients’ data to drive more value and business insight. In a competitive industry such as technology, one of the biggest challenges companies face is finding and retaining top talent. Commvault is no exception. The need to attract and retain in-demand candidates led to a significant shift in the company’s talent management strategy.
During this shift, Commvault reviewed several vendors to find the right fit for the needs of their business and their people, and eventually signed on with Cornerstone’s unified talent management system in 2012. Commvault uses Cornerstone’s products for learning and development, performance management and succession planning to provide opportunities for employees to develop and excel within the company. Cornerstone has helped Commvault meet its goal of “unlocking employee potential” and resulted in:
- Ongoing learning and development opportunities for employees and more meaningful employee-manager conversations. In the ever-evolving technology space, companies like Commvault have to be able to pivot and reprioritize as needed. Due to the nature of industry, Commvault believes it's especially important to provide easily accessibly, relevant curriculum and maintain open lines of communication with its employees. Through Cornerstone, employees can access learning from any device, and managers can provide feedback and easily connect with employees at any time - not just during the annual review cycle. Employee-manager conversations are ongoing in the form of check-ins, career conversations and coaching, helping employees get the support they need, when they need it.
- Improved succession planning strategy to create more mobility within the organization. Since implementing Cornerstone, Commvault has moved from talent rankings to talent mapping. Using a nine-box grid style map, Commvault is able to more effectively unlock employee potential and create mobility opportunities for its employees. This more visual approach to talent mapping allows Commvault to view employee experience, potential, performance and career goals holistically, and use it as a guide for coaching, developing and motivating its people.
- Increased insight into workforce capabilities. Cornerstone’s visual reporting dashboards allow leaders to easily track learning and performance in real time. This enables Commvault’s talent team to identify skills gaps and assign necessary training to close them, and make better, data-driven business decisions..
Comments on the News
“With tremendous growth in the technology industry and an influx in the number of jobs available for highly skilled technology candidates, it’s more important now than ever for technology companies to double down on their talent management initiatives,” said Joe Ilvento, chief learning officer and worldwide director of talent development at Commvault. “We shifted our talent strategy from solely focusing on performance to unlocking our employees’ potential with Cornerstone through continuous learning and development, ongoing feedback and communication, and career mobility opportunities. By offering our employees the professional development opportunities they want, we’ve seen greater employee satisfaction and have been able to remain competitive in regards to talent acquisition and retention.”
“Being in the technology industry, Cornerstone knows fully well the war for talent and understands the unique HR challenges that technology companies face. Our products are purposefully designed to enable organizations to attract, develop, retain and engage employees in a meaningful way,” said Kirsten Helvey, chief operating officer for Cornerstone OnDemand. “It’s incredible to see clients such as Commvault that are using our software to bring out the best in their people and positively impact their company’s bottom line.”
- To learn more about Cornerstone’s learning suite, visit www.cornerstoneondemand.com/learning.
- To learn more about Cornerstone’s performance suite, visit www.cornerstoneondemand.com/performance.
- For more information about Commvault’s success using Cornerstone, visit www.cornerstoneondemand.com/clients/commvault.
Cornerstone is a premier people development company. We believe people can achieve anything when they have the right development and growth opportunities. We offer organizations the technology, content, expertise and specialized focus to help them realize the potential of their people. Featuring comprehensive recruiting, personalized learning, modern training content, development-driven performance management and holistic employee data management and insights, Cornerstone’s people development solutions are used by approximately 7,000 clients of all sizes, spanning more than 75 million users across over 180 countries and 50+ languages. Learn more at www.cornerstoneondemand.com.