Cornerstone OnDemand Advances Talent Management in the Mobile Era
Cornerstone Mobile adds to its mobile suite to enable the modern workforce to be as efficient and collaborative as possible – at any time, from any device
SANTA MONICA, Calif., Oct. 2, 2014 – Cornerstone OnDemand (NASDAQ:CSOD), a global leader in cloud-based talent management software solutions, today announced major additions to Cornerstone Mobile that further enrich the mobile experience for today’s modern worker. This includes the introduction of “Do You Know,” an engaging mobile game that solves the age-old problem of forgetting the names and faces of co-workers within a company.
The game will be showcased during the “Awesome New Technologies for HR” session at the 17th Annual HR Technology Conference & Expo, being held at Mandalay Bay in Las Vegas on October 7-10. Cornerstone also will demo Cornerstone Mobile at booth no. 2111 in the conference’s expo hall.
Consumerization of the enterprise and generational changes in the workforce have driven shifts in employees’ needs and attitudes. With the modern workforce expecting to work where, when, and how they choose, Cornerstone Mobile is a natively built mobile application that allows workers to be as efficient and collaborative as they would be on a full web application.
New enhancements to Cornerstone Mobile support the employee experience for onboarding and recruiting, learning, performance and collaboration, including:
- Mobile Game. The “Do You Know” people-matching game tests employees’ knowledge of their colleagues, helping teams to get to know each other quickly and stay connected while on the go.
- Mobile Recruiting. With mobile phone sales expected to reach 1.9 billion units this year1, the number of candidates that apply through a mobile device is steadily growing; candidates can now search and apply for jobs directly from their smartphones or tablets. Additionally, recruiters now have easy access to review candidates, schedule interviews and review requisition fill details while on-the-go.
- Mobile Learning. Users can easily access transcripts and launch mobile-enabled courses, including offline and online content. Employees can now take advantage of downtime during travel, in between meetings or in the evenings – dramatically increasing adoption and impact of training initiatives.
- Mobile Performance. Users have the ability to provide feedback and award badges to colleagues for their performance and contributions on goals and projects. This also provides the organization with up-to-date access to skills, competency reviews and performance activities anytime, anywhere.
- Mobile Observation Checklist. Now accessed easily from a mobile device, Cornerstone’s Observation Checklist assigns validators or verifiers to assess competence or successful completion of tasks as employees are in the workplace.
Comments on the News
“As the workforce becomes increasingly mobile, global and hyper-connected, employees expect real-time connectivity with their coworkers and instant access to the information they need, when they need it,” said Adam Miller, founder and CEO of Cornerstone OnDemand. “We continue to innovate on the Cornerstone Mobile suite to allow employees to obtain the essential tools and resources they require on a daily basis to be the most productive at their jobs – whether it’s mobile learning and training, collaboration, performance, or recruiting.”
Added Miller, “We’re always thinking up new ways to better manage every aspect of the employee lifecycle. Our ‘Do You Know” mobile game was inspired by the hyper growth at Cornerstone and wanting to come up with a fun way for our own team members to get to know colleagues in all corners of the organization. It perfectly reflects our consumerized approach to innovation and mission to make enterprise software feel more human and personal.”