Cornerstone OnDemand Announces Cornerstone Edge, the First Platform-as-a-Service Solution for the Talent Management Industry
Cloud-based platform delivers flexibility and extensibility to Cornerstone suite of applications, enabling clients, partners and developers to get more value out of their talent investments
SANTA MONICA, Calif.— May 12, 2015 — Cornerstone OnDemand (NASDAQ:CSOD), a global leader in cloud-based talent management software solutions, today announced the launch of Cornerstone Edge, a new cloud computing architecture and Platform-as-a-Service (PaaS) solution that provides clients, partners and third-party developers with new, easy-to-use tools and services for quickly creating and deploying new and existing application within the Cornerstone suite of applications.
Companies today require the flexibility to build applications specific to their particular needs. Cornerstone Edge enables clients to extend their investment in Cornerstone and fit their unique necessities by allowing the creation of web and mobile applications that leverage talent management data, drastically lowering the cost and complexity of application development and management..
The platform is designed to meet the complex needs of developers and simple demands of power users. Streamlining the app development process, Cornerstone Edge rapidly integrates with Cornerstone’s cloud applications, shifts specific aspects of systems management to Cornerstone, the service provider, and provides tools to build an application.
Available for preview in July, Cornerstone Edge enables users to:
- Learn. With Cornerstone Developer, users can leverage Cornerstone's developer community to learn and access key resources for Cornerstone Edge.
- Integrate. Cornerstone API Services provide access to Cornerstone's library of APIs and services, built on the OData framework, as well as documentation, sample entities and tutorials.
- Build. Using Cornerstone App Builder, clients and partners can create applications using Cornerstone APIs, drag-and-drop development tools and Cornerstone's proprietary Shelby programming language.
- Market. The Cornerstone Marketplace helps clients to easily access and configure third-party applications that are integrated with or built on Cornerstone Edge.
Cornerstone’s independent software vendors (ISVs) now have access to the tools and resources they need for easily building integrations with Cornerstone and embedding functionality directly within the Cornerstone suite of applications. Cornerstone has more than 25 ISV applications and integrations available in the Cornerstone Marketplace, including applications for background screening, tuition reimbursement, content management and continuous professional development
Comments on the News
"Over the last 15 years, we have been singularly focused on building the most robust, organically built talent management suite in the industry. While our mission to help people realize their potential has not changed, we believe what clients want and need out of talent management solutions is changing. Cornerstone clients don’t just want robust application functionality to manage their people. They are increasingly demanding more flexibility and extensibility of their investments,” said Adam Miller, founder and CEO of Cornerstone OnDemand. “With the launch of the Cornerstone Edge platform, we now have the unmatched ability to deliver development tools and services that put the power of cloud computing in the hands of our clients."
"The future success of enterprise application vendors will be dependent on the ecosystem they create, and by transforming an application into a platform based on powerful data is the best way to rally customers, solution providers and developers to drive innovation in an industry,” said Holger Mueller, vice president and principal analyst at Constellation Research. “Until now, the HCM space has not benefitted from PaaS technology, and, as with all platforms, having first-mover advantage is important to set the standards and encourage usage."
"What makes Cornerstone and Cornerstone Edge distinct is our reach," commented Jason Corsello, vice president of corporate strategy for Cornerstone OnDemand. "While many of our SaaS peers deploy their solutions to specific teams within an organization, we deploy to every employee at nearly every company we work with, which makes our platform opportunity unique and potentially game-changing."
- To learn more about Cornerstone Edge, visit edge.csod.com.
- To read additional commentary from Cornerstone's Jason Corsello on Cornerstone's move to PaaS, visit the Cornerstone blog at www.cornerstoneondemand.com/blog/cornerstone-edge-platform-first-platform-service-talent-management