Cornerstone OnDemand Enhances
Employee and Volunteer
Experience at AIESEC
SANTA MONICA, Calif. — Sept. 26, 2017 — Cornerstone OnDemand (NASDAQ:CSOD), a global leader in cloud-based learning and human capital management software, today announced that AIESEC, an international youth-run nonprofit organization, is using Cornerstone to support its mission of being a global platform for young people to explore and develop their leadership potential. Leveraging Cornerstone’s solutions for learning management, social collaboration and performance management, AIESEC is able to support knowledge-sharing, increase talent readiness and improve productivity across its global stakeholders.
Established in 1948, AIESEC strives to achieve peace and fulfillment of humankind’s potential by facilitating cross-cultural exchanges in the form of volunteering experiences and professional internships for young people. The organization has more than 100,000 volunteers in 126 countries and territories, and sends more than 30,000 people to other countries each year on internships to learn, grow and develop their skills.
AIESEC is largely made up of university students who need to quickly learn skills to manage a business or department, work with global teams and share creative ideas. With many of its volunteers only staying with the organization for a year, it was critical for AIESEC to implement a talent management solution that could act as a complete learning and development resource, be accessible at any time from any device, and have an intuitive user interface to appeal to its millennial stakeholders.
In 2016, AIESEC received an invitation from the Cornerstone OnDemand Foundation to participate in its technology grants program, which provides nonprofits working in education, workforce development or disaster relief with access to Cornerstone’s software and consulting services.
Prior to Cornerstone, AIESEC used a website to share content through a top-down structure, but wanted members to be able to communicate and collaborate faster in a flat organizational environment. Since deploying Cornerstone to more than 50,000 AIESEC volunteers in early 2017, the organization has already seen improvements in many areas and is now better equipped to:
- Support volunteer development and knowledge sharing. Using Cornerstone’s learning management and social collaboration solutions, AIESEC volunteers have instant access to critical training and development resources and can collaborate with colleagues globally to share best practices and ideas. What’s more, new members can access ideas and use processes formed by their predecessors, and continue to develop them to meet the changing needs of the organization. These elements allow volunteers to take command of their professional development and help the organization to build a culture with greater volunteer engagement and higher motivation levels.
- Increase talent readiness. With Cornerstone, AIESEC can upskill volunteers quickly and ensure they are ready for both their existing and future roles. Additionally, the nonprofit can now better identify high-performing volunteers for career advancement opportunities and internal mobility.
- Improve productivity. With Cornerstone, AIESEC’s business assets are all accessible through one easy-to-use solution. With more accessibility to the resources they need, volunteers can improve their time to competency, and work faster and more efficiently to share ideas, learn critical skills and continue developing.
“In our AIESEC 2020 vision, one of our goals was to come up with a solution for faster, more effective communication between our members and to create an environment that promotes the growth of both of our individual volunteers and our organization as a whole. In just a few short months since implementation, Cornerstone is already helping us to achieve that. We are excited to continue on this journey with Cornerstone to further advance our organization,” said Christina Kelman, global vice president of network and people management at AIESEC.
“The Cornerstone Foundation selected AIESEC to receive a technology grant because the organization’s leadership demonstrated a clear vision of how learning technology can empower and inspire a new generation of youth leaders,” said Julie Brandt, executive director for the Cornerstone OnDemand Foundation. “We share AIESEC’s commitment to enabling young adults to reach their full potential, and are honored to work alongside such an innovative, transformative organization.”Additional Details
- To learn more about Cornerstone’s Learning Suite, visit: www.cornerstoneondemand.com/learning-suite
- To learn more about Cornerstone Performance Suite, visit: www.cornerstoneondemand.com/performance-suite
- For more information about the Cornerstone Foundation, visit: www.cornerstoneondemand.org
AIESEC is a non-governmental not-for-profit organization in consultative status with the United Nations Economic and Social Council (ECOSOC), affiliated with the UN DPI, member of ICMYO, and is recognized by UNESCO. AIESEC International is registered as a Foundation (Stichting), RSIN #807103895 in Rotterdam, The Netherlands.About Cornerstone OnDemand
Cornerstone OnDemand (NASDAQ: CSOD) is a global leader in cloud-based learning and human capital management software. The company is pioneering solutions to help organizations realize the potential of the modern workforce. From recruitment, onboarding, training and collaboration, to performance management, compensation, succession planning, people administration and analytics, Cornerstone is designed to enable a lifetime of learning and development that is fundamental to the growth of employees and organizations.
Based in Santa Monica, California, the company’s solutions are used by more than 3,000 clients worldwide, spanning more than 32 million users across 191 countries and 43 languages. To learn more about Cornerstone, visit us on Twitter, Facebook and our blog. www.cornerstoneondemand.com
Cornerstone® and Cornerstone OnDemand® are registered trademarks of Cornerstone OnDemand, Inc.
Phone: +1 (310) 382-9563