Cornerstone OnDemand Foundation Announces Recipient of First Impact Acceleration Award
Award to provide Darkness to Light with strategic marketing support at no cost to achieve its mission of ending child sexual abuse
SANTA MONICA, Calif., – February 18, 2015 –The Cornerstone OnDemand Foundation, a nonprofit organization formed by global cloud-based talent management leader Cornerstone OnDemand (NASDAQ:CSOD), today announced that Darkness to Light is the winner of the Foundation’s first Impact Acceleration Award, a new grant available to current participants in the Foundation’s Impact Grant program.
As part of the Impact Grant program, nonprofits receive a two-year donation of Cornerstone Learning and a range of pro bono business consulting services offered by the Foundation, serving as a catalyst for growth of existing community education programs.
The new Impact Acceleration Award connects a current Impact Grantee with a leading digital marketing firm that provides strategic marketing counsel and day-to-day campaign support to expand the reach of the nonprofit’s education initiatives. This award further enhances the Impact Grant program by enabling nonprofits to accelerate their impact through strategic use of technology and marketing, thereby increasing the number of people and communities served.
Impact Acceleration Award Brings Darkness to Light and Anne Lewis Strategies Together
Darkness to Light, a nonprofit which provides education and prevention programs to combat child sexual abuse, is an Impact Grant recipient using Cornerstone technology to reach its goal of training 1 million adults online by 2018. Having demonstrated initial success with in-house marketing efforts for its new online Stewards of Children™ prevention program, the Foundation chose Darkness to Light as its first Impact Acceleration Award winner. With the award, Darkness to Light will work with Anne Lewis Strategies, a leading digital marketing services firm, to build and execute on a more comprehensive digital marketing strategy aimed at driving awareness and utilization of the nonprofit’s child sexual abuse education programs.
Comments on the News
- “The Impact Acceleration Award is the perfect supplement to our Impact Grant program, because it illustrates our commitment to building capacity in nonprofits at every step of a nonprofit’s journey,” said Julie Brandt, executive director, Cornerstone OnDemand Foundation. “We created the Impact Grant program to help nonprofits like Darkness to Light use Cornerstone’s technology to maximize community impact, and now the Impact Acceleration Award enables us to help nonprofits achieve program awareness and adoption more effectively and more holistically.”
- "We are thrilled to be working with Anne Lewis Strategies and thankful to the Cornerstone OnDemand Foundation for choosing Darkness to Light as their first Impact Acceleration Award grantee organization,” said Cindy McElhinney, director of programs, Darkness to Light. “The expertise Anne Lewis Strategies has in the digital realm is a fantastic fit for our needs as we look to expand our use of online channels in achieving our goals for 2015. Cornerstone has shown unwavering support of Darkness to Light's mission to end child sexual abuse and we feel lucky to have such a strong partnership with them."
- “No cause is more urgent, heartbreaking and compelling than combating child sexual abuse and this partnership will help Darkness to Light expand its reach online, where we can educate the public and activate new supporters,” said Anne Lewis, CEO, Anne Lewis Strategies. “The Cornerstone OnDemand Foundation has developed a truly unique, innovative program that will elevate worthy nonprofits like Darkness to Light and help them to reach new heights. We couldn’t be more excited to participate in this effort.”
- Apply for an Impact Grant: To learn more about the program or to apply for an Impact Grant, visit http://www.cornerstoneondemand.org/impact-grant.
- Attend the Impact Grant informational webinar: Join us for a webinar discussing the Impact Grant program on Thursday, February 19 at 11 a.m. PST / 2 p.m. EST. Register here.
- Learn more about Darkness to Light’s initiatives: Check out the profile on Darkness to Light’s Impact Grant initiatives by visiting http://www.cornerstoneondemand.org/blog/impact-grant-profile-cindy-mcelhinney-darkness-light.
About the Cornerstone OnDemand Foundation
The Cornerstone OnDemand Foundation transforms the way people help people. By providing Cornerstone OnDemand’s talent management technology, pro bono consulting, and open online learning initiatives to the nonprofit sector, the Foundation helps organizations around the world better develop, engage and empower their employees and the people they serve. The Foundation focuses its efforts in the areas of education, workforce development and disaster relief. Since its founding, the Foundation has forged strategic partnerships with many leading nonprofits, such as Teach for America, Women for Women International, KIPP, Oxfam America, Save the Children and Goodwill Bay Area. www.cornerstoneondemand.org
About Cornerstone OnDemand
Cornerstone OnDemand is a leader in cloud-based applications for talent management. The company’s solutions help organizations recruit, train, manage and engage their employees, empowering their people and increasing workforce productivity. Based in Santa Monica, California, the company’s solutions are used by over 2,100 clients worldwide, spanning more than 18.1 million users across 191 countries and 42 languages. To learn more about Cornerstone, visit csod.com, twitter.com/CornerstoneInc and facebook.com/CSODcommunity.
Cornerstone® and Cornerstone OnDemand® are registered trademarks of Cornerstone OnDemand, Inc.
Phone: +1 (310) 752-1799