DisasterReady.org Wins U.S. Chamber Foundation
Corporate Citizenship Award
Winner of the Best Disaster Response and Community Resilience Program, DisasterReady.org provides high-quality online training to more than 35,000 aid workers anytime, anywhere in the world
SANTA MONICA, Calif., December 2, 2014 – The U.S. Chamber of Commerce Foundation Corporate Citizenship Center named Cornerstone OnDemand Inc. the winner of the 2014 Corporate Citizenship Awards in the category of Best Disaster Response and Community Resilience Program, recognizing the Cornerstone OnDemand Foundation’s DisasterReady.org initiative. A signature program of the Cornerstone OnDemand Foundation, DisasterReady.org is an open online learning community that provides humanitarian aid workers with free access to more than 400 state-of-the-art e-learning courses and other training resources covering all aspects of humanitarian aid and disaster relief.
For 15 years, the U.S. Chamber of Commerce Foundation Corporate Citizenship Awards have honored businesses for their significant positive impacts in communities around the world. A panel of corporate citizenship experts selected Cornerstone OnDemand Inc. as a winner, after naming the company to be a finalist in September.
DisasterReady.org currently provides training to more than 35,000 humanitarian aid workers globally. Launched in 2013, the program’s initial milestones include:
- Delivered over 26,000 hours of training via more than 53,000 course registrations
- Reached 886 organizations in 190 countries
- Achieved a projected societal impact of $24 million to date
Prior to DisasterReady.org’s launch, relief workers had to spend valuable aid dollars to take professional development courses in person. DisasterReady.org provides free and unlimited access to resources and training anytime, anywhere and from any device – including offline course-taking options. Courses are designed to meet foundational training requirements as well as provide aid workers with technical and advanced courses that grow and expand their skillsets and prepare them to serve on the ground. The platform also serves as a community for aid workers to connect and share insight and support with one another.
DisasterReady.org is a collaborative effort supported by prominent humanitarian agencies such as Save the Children, Mercy Corps, the International Rescue Committee, UNHCR, InsideNGO, Oxfam America, International Federation of Red Cross and Red Crescent Societies, and Project HOPE, among others.
Comments on the News
- “The DisasterReady.org training platform is creating a more prepared and resilient world,” said Marc DeCourcey, Executive Director of the U.S. Chamber of Commerce Foundation Corporate Citizenship Center. “It’s an honor to recognize a program with such an impressive reach that will only continue to grow.”
- “We created DisasterReady.org out of the understanding that the sheer number of global emergencies continue to rise, while humanitarian action and disaster response is only becoming more complex,” said Julie Brandt, executive director, Cornerstone OnDemand Foundation. “We saw the opportunity to leverage Cornerstone OnDemand’s learning software and its expertise in training and development to be a conduit for change among humanitarian aid workers. We are honored to win this prestigious award and thank our partners for their continuing support to democratize access to training for aid workers around the world.”
- Read additional commentary about the award on the Cornerstone OnDemand Foundation blog at: www.disasterready.org/blog/congratulations-disasterreadyorg-community.
DisasterReady.org leverages state-of-the-art learning and social networking technology to provide disaster preparedness and response training to aid workers around the globe via a dedicated web-based portal. Through DisasterReady.org, aid workers can share resources and information and access customized online learning anytime, anywhere in the world. By providing high-quality, accessible disaster response training at no cost, DisasterReady.org enables aid workers to do what they do best: save lives, rebuild communities, and restore hope.
About the Cornerstone OnDemand Foundation
The Cornerstone OnDemand Foundation transforms the way people help people. By providing Cornerstone OnDemand’s talent management technology and capacity-building programs to the nonprofit sector, the Foundation helps organizations around the world better develop, engage and empower their employees and the people they serve. The Foundation focuses its efforts in the areas of education, workforce development and disaster relief. Since its founding, the Foundation has forged strategic partnerships with many leading nonprofits, such as Teach for America, Women for Women International, KIPP, Oxfam America, Save the Children and Goodwill Bay Area. www.cornerstoneondemand.org.
About Cornerstone OnDemand
Cornerstone OnDemand is a leader in cloud-based applications for talent management. The company’s solutions help organizations recruit, train, manage and engage their employees, empowering their people and increasing workforce productivity. Based in Santa Monica, California, the company’s solutions are used by over 1,900 clients worldwide, spanning more than 16.6 million users across 191 countries and 42 languages. To learn more about Cornerstone, visit csod.com,twitter.com/CornerstoneInc and facebook.com/CSODcommunity.
About the U.S. Chamber of Commerce Foundation
The U.S. Chamber of Commerce Foundation is a 501(c)(3) nonprofit affiliate of the U.S. Chamber of Commerce dedicated to strengthening America’s long-term competitiveness by addressing developments that affect our nation, our economy, and the global business environment.
Cornerstone® and Cornerstone OnDemand® are registered trademarks of Cornerstone OnDemand Inc.
Phone: +1 (310) 752-1860
U.S. Chamber Foundation
Phone: +1 (202) 463-5766