Global Companies Choose Cornerstone OnDemand Cloud Integration with Workday to Access a Comprehensive View of Employees
Cornerstone’s packaged integration with Workday Human Capital Management unifies learning and development with broader human resources initiatives
SANTA MONICA, Calif., January 15, 2014 – Cornerstone OnDemand, (NASDAQ: CSOD), a global leader in cloud-based talent management software solutions, today announced that it is helping organizations unify key employee information in the cloud with Workday, a leading provider of enterprise cloud applications for human resources and finance. Cornerstone Learning Cloud connects directly with Workday Human Capital Management (HCM) through a Workday Cloud Connect packaged integration that syncs learning experiences with core worker history and talent profile data.
Organizations around the world use the Cornerstone Learning Cloud – which delivers the world’s leading cloud-based learning application with solutions for e-learning, social learning, instructor-led training, compliance and certification management, mobile training, and more – to deliver, track and report on highly targeted, highly customizable learning initiatives of any kind to employees. The integration between Cornerstone and Workday HCM allows companies to rapidly share and maintain consistent employee data across the enterprise and sync learning and development initiatives without the inconvenience or added costs of having to develop custom interfaces.
Managers and executives benefit from the integration because it enables them to access a more complete view of the employee – such as job profiles, organizational structures, learning transcripts, competencies and completed trainings – all in one place and in real time. Organizations also are able to access simple, yet robust employee data and reports that help leaders make more informed decisions about how to effectively manage and develop their workforce.
Cloud-to-Cloud Integration Paying Off for Clients
With Cornerstone being the only Workday Cloud Connect learning and development partner, several organizations are benefiting from this cloud-to-cloud alignment:
- Air Evac Lifeteam, the largest membership-supported, independently owned and operated air medical service in the United States, uses the integration to deploy targeted training assignments and ensure 2,400 staff members across 15 states are up to date on the latest regulations, internal training requirements and best practices in providing world-class critical care.
- Rentokil Initial, one of the largest business services companies in the world, uses the integration to make more targeted and streamlined training decisions and efficiently generate reports based on country-specific regulations and requirements.
- VWR International, a global laboratory supply and distribution company, uses Cornerstone and Workday together to see the whole talent picture at a glance. VWR also plans to benefit from the integration by driving completion rates of training assignments via more targeted curriculum for nearly 8,000 employees in the United States, Europe, Canada, Australia, New Zealand, China, India and Singapore.
Comments on the News
- “Air Evac Lifeteam is dedicated to providing rapid access to quality care during medical emergencies, and it’s critical that our staff be adequately trained and compliant with the latest standards and consistently follow procedures,” said Juan Serrano, vice president of information technology for Air Evac Lifeteam. “The integration between Cornerstone and Workday allows us to keep two core enterprise systems in sync and helps us ensure compliance and best practice adoption among our employees by giving our leaders the ability to analyze employee development needs from a holistic point of view.”
- “With Cornerstone and Workday linked together, we are able to significantly reduce time spent maintaining information required for our global reporting,” said Richard Gregory, head of learning at Rentokil Initial. “This integration gives us an accurate picture of our employees in real time, increasing the value of both systems for our teams.”
- “At VWR, we’re very focused on connecting the dots between our talent strategy and broader business initiatives,” said Karen Basile, director of talent management for VWR International. “The integration between Cornerstone and Workday helps us do that by providing a more holistic view of employee information and allowing us to more effectively assess our most critical talent needs.”
- “The Cornerstone and Workday integration helps our clients realize the benefits of the cloud with a fully aligned view of human capital management and learning and development initiatives,” said David Somers, vice president of alliances and strategic initiatives for Cornerstone OnDemand. “Tying the applications together is a simple and significant departure from the cost, complexity and rigidity of attempting to do this with traditional enterprise systems.”