Global Sales Operations Manager
Global Sales Operations Manager
The Global Sales Operations Manager oversees a staff that ensures that proposals and contracts are generated and managed efficiently and effectively and that the customer set up process is completed in a timely manner. This position also supports the Regional Sales Consultants and Directors of Sales in generating accurate proposals and in reviewing the prospect census, pricing analyses, and discounting analyses to ensure accuracy and completeness.
This position requires strong organizational skills, the ability to manage multiple competing priorities, and the ability to effectively interact with multiple internal departments at all levels of management. This position requires a blend of talents, including the ability to manage people, overseeing highly procedural-oriented processes, being able to analyze and resolve complex customer and system issues, and the ability to work well with a variety of disciplines while remaining effective in a high-volume, tight-deadline driven environment with seasonally affected workloads.
- Proactively diagnose the analytics requirements of the sales organization; design and deliver reporting to meet their requirements.
- Analyze sales performance, forecasting and productivity through use of Salesforce.com and report metrics to sales leadership. Leverage Microsoft Excel outside of Salesforce where necessary.
- Partner with Sales Management on business planning and pricing strategy.
- Work with the CRM team to define business requirements and support the sales organization.
- Be the Project manager for the pricing tool implementation. Partner with finance to scope, configure and price tool. Partner with Sales Operations Manager to implement technology and the integration into Salesforce. Partner with Service to ensure needs met during transition and that SOW creation is integrated.
- Leverage historical discounting trends to create competitive price quotes.
- Serve as a trusted advisor to sales on pricing, product configuration, and business terms to support the sales effort.
- Ensure compliance with published sales and business approval policies. Be a sales advocate & partner to internal organizations to understand complex sales issues.
- Work with teammates and management to identify process improvement and/or sales training opportunities. Develop & deliver sales enablement tools (e.g. Product & Pricing FAQ’s, Sales Approval templates, etc.)
- Other duties or special projects as assigned.
Proposal Management Responsibilities:
- Oversee Proposal Management Team for CSOD Global sales team including: North American Direct, EMEA, Public Sector, Strategic Sales and Account Managers.
- Be the Project manager Sant RFP dbase to ensure library of approved documentation (standard proposal components) that can be leveraged by field team and marketing efforts.
- Act as the point of contact for the sales team in the Proposal process.
- Work with sales teams, management teams, legal, finance, IT and SMEs to help generate strategy and win plan.
- Review Proposals and RFP/RFI to carefully and thoroughly develop a comprehensive plan and response and timeline.
- Manage cross-functional team of resources
- Maintain technical, business and financial compliance matrices for review
- Collaborate with proposal team members to develop proposal response format and structure
- Generate and manage proposal schedule
- Maintain SLAs for proposal responses along with management dashboards
- Generate proposal team and sales operations metric reports & provide analysis for Sales Management
- 5-7 years of experience in Sales Operations or Business Operations
- 5+ years of proposal or pricing experience preferred
- Ability to multi-task effectively and manage to deadlines
- Ability to resolve conflicts between several different views of an issue
- Ability to analyze information and make recommendations
- Proficiency with Microsoft Office (Word, PowerPoint, Outlook)
- Intermediate MS Excel skills
- Must be a self-starter, with sound decision-making skills
- Previous experience managing proposals desired
- Must be comfortable in a fast-paced environment with changing priorities
- Must be able to quickly learn
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills required
- Experience using CRM applications; Salesforce.com a plus
- Enterprise software sales experience or industry experience a plus
- Bachelor Degree in Business Administration or related field. MBA preferred
Full medical, dental, vision and life insurance benefits, Fresh Fruit Tuesday, Bagel Breakfast Wednesdays and Free Lunch Fridays, flexible spending benefits, gym membership, 401K, 2 weeks vacation, annual performance review and stock options, all in a beautiful business park in Santa Monica, CA
About Cornerstone OnDemand
Cornerstone OnDemand empowers people around the world with on-demand, integrated learning and talent management software and services for connecting, developing and performing in the workplace. Used by more than 6 million active subscribers in 176 countries, the company is headquartered in Santa Monica, California and has international offices in London, Paris, Munich, Mumbai and Tel Aviv. A successful software company with a smart workforce, we offer a fun entrepreneurial, collaborative, and challenging work environment.
Cornerstone OnDemand is also committed to empowering communities around the globe by improving access to education and opportunities through the Cornerstone OnDemand Foundation.
For more information, visit www.csod.com.