Leader of the Pack
JULY 14, 2021
Cornerstone OnDemand has been placed in the "Leaders Quadrant" of Gartner, Inc.’s just-published and much-anticipated 2013 Magic Quadrant for Talent Management Suites. The report defines Leaders as having strong product functionality and providing superior customer experience. Read the report on us by visiting this page.
On the heels of the recent publication of the publication of "The Forrester Wave™: Talent Management, Q1 2013," that’s now two industry-defining reports and two Leader rankings.
Gartner’s Magic Quadrant research is rigorous – in this case spanning 10+ months from inception to publication. Gartner provides much-needed independent, trusted guidance for buyers in a market that has been shaken and stirred by mergers and acquisitions over the last couple of years.
The research argues, among other things, that the emergence of the talent management suite – all TM components operating seamlessly under a single roof – saves buyer frustration around "the cost and effort of integrating multiple niche solutions."
The Organic Leader
Cornerstone has been named as one of only three "Leaders" in this research – and the other two are lumbering global ERP software giants. This brings up some important questions for potential buyers of TM software. There’s a choice today between:
- Systems built through acquisition versus those that are organically grown;
- Systems delivered as a patchwork of SaaS and on-premise software versus pure SaaS delivery;
- Systems that are meant to be systems of record versus those that are designed to be systems of engagement; and
- Companies wrestling with integrations versus those focused on innovation
We’d argue that Cornerstone is the only best-of-breed, organically grown market leader in Talent Management Suites.
You can also throw in that Cornerstone is the only Gartner Leader who delivers their software via pure Software-as-a-Service (SaaS) and not a muddle of on-demand and on-premise offerings. The choice for the buyer is pretty stark.
Not Only Best-of-Breed -- Also Best-In-Class
Gartner’s new report is the firm’s first for Talent Management Suites – in the past they had separate reports for learning, performance and recruiting. Putting these research reports together into a unified "Talent Management Suites" report reflects the state of the market: more buyers are interested in buying the full suite of talent management tools than ever before.
For Cornerstone, the report singles out:
- Performance management, succession management and learning functionalities are best in class;
- High scores from customers on ease of use;
- Customer experience throughout the entire relationship life cycle continues to be better than industry averages; and
- Strong partnering strategy
Share This Story :
Learn more about Cornerstone
Interested in learning how Cornerstone can help you attract, develop, retain, and manage your talent to maximize your business results?