On March 15, Green Dot Public Schools held their second annual Golden Dot Awards – aka “The Dotties.” Green Dot is the leading charter school operator in Los Angeles and one of the top three largest in the United States, now expanding outside of Southern California. Last year the organization graduated more than 1,500 students, the most of any charter management organization in the country for the second year in a row.
Green Dot is also a strategic partner of the Cornerstone OnDemand Foundation and utilizes Cornerstone software to better recruit, engage, support and develop great talent in the education sector. The CSOD Foundation was founded on the premise that nonprofits like Green Dot Public Schools face unique talent management and learning challenges – and that organizations full of great people need great technology to help them to do their best work.
The Dotties: Special Recognition for Educators, Administrators, and Staff
Green Dot Public School’s mission is to transform public education in Los Angeles and beyond so that every student can graduate prepared for college, leadership, and life. This mission is well-reflected in the Golden Dot Awards, of which Cornerstone has been a proud sponsor.
Last Saturday, at the awards ceremony and party in L.A., Green Dot honored over 1,000 teachers, counselors, administrators, and staff – all of whom work every day toward transforming the landscape of public education.
Thirteen educators were presented with special awards to recognize their commitment to education and the core values of Green Dot Public Schools:
- An unwavering belief in all students’ potential
- Personal responsibility
- Passion for excellence
- Respect for others and the communities we serve
- All stakeholders are critical in the education process
2014 Golden Dot Award winners included:
- Teacher of the Year - Bill Heuisler, Ánimo South LA
- Principal of the Year - Xochitl Avellan, Ánimo Ralph Bunche
- Asst. Principal of the Year - Sonja Johnson, Locke 9th Grade Academy
- The Rising Star Teacher of the Year - Jose Rios, Ánimo South Los Angeles
- Home Office Employees of the Year - Susana Campos, Director of Special Ed and Psychological Services
- Counselor of the Year - Gabriella Cervantes, Ánimo Jefferson
- Rookie Teacher of the Year - Allyson Miller, Ánimo Middle School 2
- Classified Employee of the Year - Andrew Figueroa, Ánimo Jefferson
- Core Value Award for Personal Responsibility - Carl Finer, Ánimo Jefferson
- Core Value Award for Respect for Others and the Community - Amy Cox, Ánimo Pat Brown
- Core Value Award for the Unwavering Belief in Potential of All Students - Michael Green, Ánimo Watts
- Core Value Award for All Stakeholders Are Critical - Deborah Braxton, Ánimo Middle School #2
Cornerstone OnDemand’s Focus on Empowering Education
Cornerstone OnDemand is a committed sponsor of the Golden Dot Awards and a longstanding partner of Green Dot Public Schools because we want to support exceptional education organizations that empower their employees to improve outcomes for students.
The Dotties is a prime example of an organization looking to give back and honor the educators, administrators and staff who give so much of themselves to the children and communities they serve.
Nonprofits like Green Dot Public Schools do the hard work of educating people. Cornerstone OnDemand is but a tool behind the scenes that ensures that the people that do this hard work are equally engaged, developed and motivated to drive the long-term success of Green Dot’s mission.
Based on the exceptional people and award winners on hand at the 2014 Dotties, great talent is in no shortage at Green Dot Public Schools and Cornerstone is honored to be a part of their success.