Senior Manager, Media Relations
Senior Manager, Media Relations
Cornerstone OnDemand is looking to hire a PR leader to drive our corporate media relations program and continue our efforts in elevating brand awareness and impactful coverage for the company, its executive team, and its products and services. The Senior Manager, Media Relations reports to the VP of Marketing and will work closely with marketing, our CEO, executive team and other core departments. This is a high-profile role that requires proven media “big wins”, working with high-level execs, in an extremely fast-growth tech environment. Public company and investor relations experience a must.
- Develop comprehensive media relations strategy and implement multi-pronged PR plans to increase overall media coverage and brand awareness.
- Develop and implement global media relations programs, maximizing media exposure for the Company through targeted, measurable efforts. Build on well-established past media contacts and develop relationships with new contacts on behalf of
- Company with print, broadcast and online media channels.
- Provide external PR agency with strategic direction as well as executional guidance; serve as Agency's primary contact.
- Manage corporate announcement process, including writing and editing of releases; overseeing internal, legal, and customer approval; handling distribution over news wire services; and ensure timely release posting.
- Manage media interviews and provide media relations coaching and support for company spokespeople.
- Plan and manage the PR budget.
- Potential 10% travel to agency meetings, media and influencer events.
Required Skills and Experience
- Minimum 5-7 years of PR and media relations experience with proven “big wins”, preferably with a fast-growth global high-tech organization
- Proven experience leading the execution of comprehensive PR plans
- Demonstrated ability to juggle multiple projects and deliver on extremely tight deadlines
- Exceptional verbal and written communication skills
- Bachelor of Arts in Marketing, Communications or related field
Full Medical, Dental, Vision and Life insurance Benefits, Fresh Fruit Tuesday, Bagel Breakfast Wednesdays and Free Lunch Fridays, Gym Membership, 2 Weeks Vacation, 401K, Flexible Spending Benefits, Annual Performance Review and STOCK Options, all in a Beautiful Business Park in Santa Monica, Ca.
About Cornerstone OnDemand
Cornerstone OnDemand empowers people around the world with on-demand, integrated learning and talent management software and services for connecting, developing and performing in the workplace. Used by over 7.1 million active subscribers in 176 countries, the company is headquartered in Santa Monica, California and has international offices in London, Paris, Munich, Mumbai and Tel Aviv. A successful software company with a smart workforce, we offer a fun entrepreneurial, collaborative, and challenging work environment.
Cornerstone OnDemand is also committed to empowering communities around the globe by improving access to education and opportunities through the Cornerstone OnDemand Foundation.
For more information, visit www.csod.com.