A Study Guide for the Best Talent Management Tools
Talent management is a term used to explain the function of managing employees, referred to as talent. This usually includes the act of recruiting, hiring, training, motivating and retaining talent for a company. Many larger and successful organizations usually have a well-built structure within their human resources department that utilizes talent management as a means to recruit and retain the best employees for their firm. Managing the different personalities and skill levels of each employee can be a creative balancing act that requires the help of sources such as software or talent management books that offer unique perspectives and approaches. Using software and other efficient and helpful tools for managing talent can help to enhance a company's human resources department.
- Checklist for Hiring Employees – A detailed list of tasks that should be completed before, during, and after the hiring of an employee, including the recruiting process.
- Guide to Writing Job Descriptions – Categorized job description writing advice including the different components needed to attract specific type of employees.
- Identifying Your Hiring Needs – Help with determining the type of employee to hire as well as information on the different types of employees that can be hired.
- Hiring Your First Employee – Tips that help companies follow employment laws when beginning to hire staff. This contains useful information for employers who may be just starting out in the hiring process.
- Basic Hiring Information – Contains information that is necessary when hiring employees including payroll responsibilities and tax filing and records requirements.
- Outside Agencies Simplifying Employee Hiring – The Oregon Small Business Development Center Network offers an article on how outsourcing hiring to an agency can benefit a company.
- Laws Affecting Hiring Process – Offers links to helpful sites that determine the legal aspects of employment hiring. The laws focus on discrimination, immigration and civil rights.
- Hiring Local Employees Abroad – Provides information on the ways that a company can hire local employees abroad when needed. This site covers how to follow the employment laws in foreign countries.
- New Businesses Hiring Guide – Outlined information about employee recruitment, employment resources as well as tax incentives.
- Interview Guide – A guide for hiring managers that conduct interviews including interview questions and what to avoid asking.
- Performance Management Training and Development – Outline of benefits to human resources management training and the investment that can be beneficial.
- Development and Training for Human Resources Professionals – A toolkit of information that offers the benefits of training and development.
- Human Resources Competency Model – A model that provides a ranking system to gauge human resource professionals' skill level.
- Tools and Training for Managers – Article that offers the benefits of tools and training for managers including what types of tools provide the best enhancement to a manager.
- Management Health and Safety Training - United States Department of Labor Occupational Safety and Health Administration offers a list of some of the benefits that health and safety training bring to a company.
- Importance of Leadership Development to the FBI – The FBI discusses why they place such a large importance on training and development of their leaders.
Investing in Employee Development and Retention
- Maximizing Employee Retention and Development – This article speaks about the separation of the movers and shakers and identifying an employee's potential within a company.
- Training Offers a Return on Investment – Identifies the benefits that investing in employee retention programs can offer. Shows how this can enhance a company's profit as well as employee performance.
- Why Care About Staff Development – Insight into the professional skills training benefits and how this can enhance a work environment as well as offer competent employees.
- Turnover and Retention Reference – A report offering a list of publications as well as analysis of turnover and retention pieces written.
- Employee Value – A viewpoint of the relationship between investment of employee development and employee commitment.
- Human Capital Study – Employer value study that compared the investment in employee training and not investing in employee training. The outcome offers insight as to the commitment level of employees based on these benefits.
- Employee Retention – Provides ideas on strategies to help retain employees and also shows the importance of employee retention in the workplace.
- A Different Approach to Retaining Employees – Offering employee mobility analysis instead of trying to keep employees for life.
- Challenges for Retention – Resource that provides information on strategies to attract, recruit and retain employees.
Human Resources Development and Management
- Personnel Management Skills – A ranking system for personnel management skills. This ranking system helps to evaluate a personnel manager for improvement.
- Training and Development of Human Resources Managers – This article applies to those who are planning and training for extension personnel in an organization.
- Management Training Program – Offers guidelines on what to expect in a human resources training program for management.
- Guide to Helping Employees Develop Professionally – This offers guidance on how to help each employee in an organization grow in their professional development.
- Sustainable Development – A guide to driving success in an organization through social responsibility and developing managers and employees sustainably.
- Guide to Human Resources Professional Organizations - A listing of professional organizations that provide information on development.