As we make our way through the vibrant and culturally rich month of September, the Cornerstone community is delighted to join the nation in celebrating Hispanic Heritage Month. This annual observance, which runs from September 15th to October 15th, is a time to recognize and honor the contributions, achievements and beautiful heritage of Hispanic and Latinx individuals and communities.
This year, the theme for Hispanic Heritage Month is "Latinos: Driving Prosperity, Power and Progress in America." This theme highlights the incredible impact that Hispanic and Latinx individuals have had and continue to have on the accomplishments, victories and triumphs of our great nation. From business leaders and entrepreneurs to artists, activists and public servants, Hispanic and Latinx Americans have made significant and lasting contributions to every facet of American society.
At Cornerstone, we are proud to celebrate the diversity and invaluable achievements of our Hispanic and Latinx colleagues, clients and partners. We are committed to fostering an inclusive and supportive environment that recognizes the strength in our differences and celebrates the unique perspectives and talents across our company. This month, let’s come together to learn, appreciate and celebrate the rich tapestry of Hispanic and Latinx cultures that enhance our company and our nation.
Did you know that Cornerstone has a CRG (Cornerstone Resource Group, aka Employee Resource Group) named ¡Unidos! whose goal is to raise awareness, empower, represent and celebrate Cornerstone's Hispanic and Latinx employees? This group unifies Latinx and Hispanic employees and their allies by creating a sense of community, building a network and honoring cultural traditions.
Cornerstars will join us in commemorating Hispanic Heritage Month by taking part in the various events and activities ¡Unidos! has planned, including cultural showcases, educational programs and opportunities to engage with the Hispanic and Latinx communities within and beyond our organization. Together, we can honor the past, celebrate the present and build a brighter future of inclusivity, understanding and prosperity for all.
Planned activities during Hispanic Heritage Month include:
- Latinos Run 5k - this nationwide Hispanic Heritage Month Virtual 5K is for everyone who believes in the power of the Latino Community! ¡Unidos! has specifically created a Cornerstone group link for anyone to join virtually. Registration is FREE, with the option of buying a medal for $25.
- A Hispanic Heritage Month learning path in LXP for Cornerstars – take a deep dive into the rich tapestry of Hispanic and Latino culture, history and its influences. From ancient civilizations to modern-day heroes, this journey provides a holistic view of the challenges, successes and contributions of the Hispanic and Latino community. Through videos and book recommendations, explore the identity, representation, and resilience that define this diverse community.
- A Hispanic Heritage Month banner to be used internally to bring awareness
- An interview with Cornerstone CEO Himanshu Palsule about his immigrant story
- The inspiring conversation "From Challenges to Champion: The Empowering Story of Puerto Rico's Paralympic Veteran, Orlando Pérez Luna" (pictured)
Want to keep learning? Explore our products, customer stories, and the latest industry insights.
Women's Equality Day: The true power of Amplification in the workplace
The 19th Amendment of the US Constitution, ratified in 1920, ensures voting rights for everyone regardless of gender. And in 1971 (51 years later), Congress designated August 26 as Women's Equality Day. The right for all people to vote and Women's Equality Day came into being because women and their allies amplified their voices.
Celebrating 10 years of DisasterReady
This year, the Cornerstone OnDemand Foundation is celebrating DisasterReady’s 10th anniversary!
Honoring Black excellence in the workplace and beyond
The month of February is Black History Month — an annual celebration to recognize the history of African-American achievements in the USA. During this month’s observance, we commemorate Black excellence and pivotal African-American figures like Arthur Ashe, Sojourner Truth, Phillis Wheatley and Victor Glover.