Cornerstone OnDemand and TED Join Forces to Spark Innovation in Professional Learning and Development
June 24, 2015
Cornerstone OnDemand and TED Join Forces
to Spark Innovation in Professional Learning and Development
Curated TED Talk playlists integrated within Cornerstone Learning enable organizations to instantly access new, innovative ideas and share knowledge across their workforce
SANTA MONICA, Calif.— June 24, 2015 — Cornerstone OnDemand (NASDAQ:CSOD), a global leader in cloud-based talent management software solutions, today announced the company is teaming with TED, the nonprofit global community devoted to spreading ideas, to deliver curated TED Talks to Cornerstone clients for a new, innovative approach to professional learning and development.
The first and only collaboration of its kind, Cornerstone clients now have the ability to provide their workforce with modern, mobile-enabled TED Talks from world-class leaders at the forefront of their fields from within Cornerstone Learning. Cornerstone’s collaborative learning functionality also allows organizations to enable peer-to-peer knowledge capture and discussions that can extend the learning impact of TED Talks.
Watched and listened to more than 1 billion times this year, TED Talks introduce ideas that can help companies transform how their people think and work. Cornerstone clients will have access to a series of curated TED Talk playlists designed to address key business challenges in an innovative format that is unique, powerful and inspiring.
With curated TED Talk playlists through Cornerstone:
- Inspire Your Workforce. TED brings together the world’s most inspiring and ingenious people whose ideas can strengthen how professionals understand and think about the world around them. TED’s curation of talks on behalf of Cornerstone can help organizations generate excitement and engagement among employees, help management crystallize goals, start important conversations, and spark collaborations.
- Provide the Best, Most Relevant Content. Organizations will gain access to the very best collections of TED Talks across a wide range of topics that are central to innovation and talent development, including change management, culture building, leadership, technology, globalization, diversity and design. Playlists have been curated to reflect talks from visionary leaders across the most influential industries, such as healthcare, education, technology, manufacturing, finance and more.
- Amplify the Value of your Learning and Development Strategy. Employees can view TED Talks from within Cornerstone Learning, the global learning management system (LMS) for over 1,800 leading organizations. Integrating TED Talks into professional development curriculum allows organizations to inspire each individual employee at any stage in their career. Organizations can easily target and deliver learning and development to groups or individuals with the support of TED Talks and measure impact on workforce development from within Cornerstone.
- Watch and Share Instantly on Mobile: As smartphones emerge as the leading platform for watching video and Web content among busy professionals, TED Talks allow employees to consume and share content on their mobile devices while on the go.
Comments on the News
“TED Talks are brilliantly crafted and make an emotional connection with viewers. Their ability to convey innovative and complex ideas through powerful, first-person stories is the type of talent management content that can inspire and drive real change in the workforce,” said Kirsten Helvey, senior vice president, client success, Cornerstone OnDemand. “We are dedicated to helping people reach their potential by providing our clients with the most innovative talent management solutions that support their professional development and training initiatives.”
“With the growing demand from companies for TED Talks, Cornerstone provides TED with the expertise and efficiency in reaching millions of learners in organizations across the globe that can benefit from our content,” said Deron Triff, TED’s director of global distribution and licensing. “This collaboration also provides TED with an important opportunity to understand how the talks can be utilized for professional development to strengthen how we collaborate with the business community. Cornerstone will be a great alliance for bringing TED Talks to companies and sparking innovation among their employees.”
- Learn more about curated TED Talk playlists for Cornerstone via the Cornerstone Marketplace: marketplace.csod.com/#/content/90
- Read additional commentary by Cornerstone’s director of talent management, Jeff Miller, on the value and influence of TED Talks for empowering today’s workforce via the Cornerstone blog: www.cornerstoneondemand.com/blog/how-ted-gets-your-workforce-talking