Learning Experience Platform (LXP) drives upskilling at learning pharmaceutical company
The customer is a pioneer in the pharmaceutical industry with decades of experience in developing innovative products to solve challenging healthcare issues. Their research is directed toward the development of breakthrough treatments and making them available to a large number of people. Their value-driven culture is based on innovation, quality, performance and integrity.
People and culture are two important pillars for building a successful organisation in this fast-changing and highly competitive pharmaceutical industry. Hence, talent experience and lifelong learning and upskilling are among the critical strategic priorities.
Our customer believes in comprehensive talent development programs to empower their employees and enable them to fulfill the mission of improving people’s lives. They are committed to developing exceptional talent who can take on new challenges and become future ready.
Vision for an experiential learning platform
Our customer required a learning experience platform that could shift L&D focus from compliance-centric to enabling a self-driven continuous learning culture.
They needed a platform that could provide deep learning experience while prioritising key skills and also promoting coaching, mentoring and leadership development. Key priorities for the customer included:
- A comprehensive learning ecosystem to upskill the entire workforce community, which covers on-roll employees to growing numbers of the distributed workforce, including gig workers, contractors, etc.
- Creating a pull and increasing employee adoption, as there was limited engagement among the employees with their existing learning system, eventually resulting in employees committing limited time for learning and upskilling themselves
- Providing better internal mobility, empowerment and better learning experience to their talent pool
- Anticipating the skills required in the future by the workforce and providing avenues for reskilling and upskilling proactively
Solution: Experience-based learning platform
The Learning Experience Platform (LXP) powered by EdCast, which was delivered to the customer, focussed on addressing two key pain points:
Solution for creating a personalised learning experience:
- Customisable landing page for each user depending on their areas of interest
- AI/ML-driven learning content recommendations suited to an individual learner's needs
- Alignment of skill and skill levels with the content to guide the learners on the sequence to be followed while completing the content.
- Customised taxonomy and skills directory with contextualised learning recommendations for the employees
Solving the user Adoption challenge:
- SSO (single sign-on) integration for authentication to enable easy access
- Engaging on-the-go learning with a customised mobile application
- Enabling learning in the flow of work with personalised content available across productivity platforms, including Microsoft Teams, Google Chrome, MS Office, etc.
The impact of EdCast LXP
The customer has seen a significant improvement in learner engagement across the user segments that have been onboarded to the platform. The content has been co-created and curated with the support of the subject matter experts (SMEs), with a keen interest in the skills of the future. EdCast LXP has been integrated with the customer's existing learning platforms and systems.
The latest and relevant content has been made available to the learners to keep their skills updated and relevant as per the industry trends and needs. Some of the critical KPIs defining the success of the LXP deployment include:
115K user's onboarding planned, with 10K already onboarded in the first phase of solution deployment
55% active users for one of the subsidiaries of the customer in the first month of regional deployment
1600+ content assets created in less than three months
Want to keep learning? Explore our products, customer stories, and the latest industry insights.
See how a leading pharmaceutical giant embarked on L&D transformation journey
The client is a pioneer in the Pharmaceutical Industry with decades of experience in developing innovative products to solve challenging healthcare issues. Their research is directed towards the development of breakthrough treatments and making them available to a large number of people. Their value driven culture is based on innovation, quality, performance and integrity.
7 ways L&D elevates engagement and organizational success
In the ever-evolving realm of modern business, where success hinges on adaptability, innovation and staying ahead of the curve, it's not just the products or services a company offers that drive prosperity, but rather the collective skills, dedication and passion of its workforce. While the tides of industry trends ebb and flow, the individuals within an organization are the anchors that keep it secure and thriving. Nurturing your most valuable assets is not merely a strategic choice — it's the cornerstone of enduring success today.