On March 15, Green Dot Public Schools held their second annual Golden Dot Awards – aka "The Dotties." Green Dot is the leading charter school operator in Los Angeles and one of the top three largest in the United States, now expanding outside of Southern California. Last year the organization graduated more than 1,500 students, the most of any charter management organization in the country for the second year in a row.
Green Dot is also a strategic partner of the Cornerstone OnDemand Foundation and utilizes Cornerstone software to better recruit, engage, support and develop great talent in the education sector. The CSOD Foundation was founded on the premise that nonprofits like Green Dot Public Schools face unique talent management and learning challenges – and that organizations full of great people need great technology to help them to do their best work.
The Dotties: Special Recognition for Educators, Administrators, and Staff
Green Dot Public School’s mission is to transform public education in Los Angeles and beyond so that every student can graduate prepared for college, leadership, and life. This mission is well-reflected in the Golden Dot Awards, of which Cornerstone has been a proud sponsor.
Last Saturday, at the awards ceremony and party in L.A., Green Dot honored over 1,000 teachers, counselors, administrators, and staff – all of whom work every day toward transforming the landscape of public education.
Thirteen educators were presented with special awards to recognize their commitment to education and the core values of Green Dot Public Schools:
- An unwavering belief in all students’ potential
- Personal responsibility
- Passion for excellence
- Respect for others and the communities we serve
- All stakeholders are critical in the education process
2014 Golden Dot Award winners included:
- Teacher of the Year - Bill Heuisler, Ãnimo South LA
- Principal of the Year - Xochitl Avellan, Ãnimo Ralph Bunche
- Asst. Principal of the Year - Sonja Johnson, Locke 9th Grade Academy
- The Rising Star Teacher of the Year - Jose Rios, Ãnimo South Los Angeles
- Home Office Employees of the Year - Susana Campos, Director of Special Ed and Psychological Services
- Counselor of the Year - Gabriella Cervantes, Ãnimo Jefferson
- Rookie Teacher of the Year - Allyson Miller, Ãnimo Middle School 2
- Classified Employee of the Year - Andrew Figueroa, Ãnimo Jefferson
- Core Value Award for Personal Responsibility - Carl Finer, Ãnimo Jefferson
- Core Value Award for Respect for Others and the Community - Amy Cox, Ãnimo Pat Brown
- Core Value Award for the Unwavering Belief in Potential of All Students - Michael Green, Ãnimo Watts
- Core Value Award for All Stakeholders Are Critical - Deborah Braxton, Ãnimo Middle School #2
Cornerstone OnDemand’s Focus on Empowering Education
Cornerstone OnDemand is a committed sponsor of the Golden Dot Awards and a longstanding partner of Green Dot Public Schools because we want to support exceptional education organizations that empower their employees to improve outcomes for students.
The Dotties is a prime example of an organization looking to give back and honor the educators, administrators and staff who give so much of themselves to the children and communities they serve.
Nonprofits like Green Dot Public Schools do the hard work of educating people. Cornerstone OnDemand is but a tool behind the scenes that ensures that the people that do this hard work are equally engaged, developed and motivated to drive the long-term success of Green Dot’s mission.
Based on the exceptional people and award winners on hand at the 2014 Dotties, great talent is in no shortage at Green Dot Public Schools and Cornerstone is honored to be a part of their success.
Want to keep learning? Explore our products, customer stories, and the latest industry insights.
DisasterReady: Ordinary people responding to extraordinary circumstances
In a world where disasters, both natural and man-made, continue to pose a constant threat, a beacon of hope has been shining for the past decade. DisasterReady.org, an online learning platform built and managed by the Cornerstone OnDemand Foundation, has been a silent force behind the scenes, empowering humanitarian and development professionals worldwide. As it marks its 10th anniversary, let's take a closer look at how DisasterReady has made a lasting impact and why its mission is more crucial now than ever.
Cornerstone and Chelsea FC Women: two titans team up for talent
Cornerstone is the official learning and talent partner of Chelsea FC Women for the 2023/2024 season! We're so excited to help the Blues power potential on and off the pitch as they strive to repeat their domestic Double with a fourth-straight FA Cup triumph and fifth-consecutive Women's Super League Championship.
Laying the foundation for a standout year – Everything Cornerstone was up to in Q1
In 2022, we were intentional about setting ourselves and our customers up for greater success and an even deeper innovation roadmap. So, you can imagine our excitement when we say that 2023 is already gearing up to be a standout year.