Just as the 1960s popular primetime cartoon The Jetsons predicted, artificial intelligence (AI) and machine learning enhancements are already permeating our day-to-day lives, especially in the workplace. While we don’t drive airborne automobiles that look like flying saucers (yet), there’s been a significant societal shift toward automation, especially in the HR tech world.
Engineers are using AI to develop more efficient ways to code. Financial planners are using new computer programs to better forecast the future. Moving away from yesterday's paper-based processes to today's digital advancements has enabled businesses to execute long-term visions, despite economic uncertainties.
This surge of transformation has created an urgent need to empower people with the right tools to remain agile. As work evolves and new skills emerge, organisations must prioritise developing their people. According to the World Economic Forum’s 2023 Future of Jobs report, over 85% of organisations will increase the implementation of new technologies over the next five years, and nearly half (44%) of an individual worker’s skills will need to be updated.
Understanding how AI-powered technology can rapidly transform the workplace is more critical than ever. Businesses must lean into AI to upskill their workforce and — more importantly — cultivate a culture of continuous learning where people can effectively respond to ongoing, dynamic changes. Let’s examine the intentional advantages of the game-changing talent management automation disrupting the HR industry.
Embracing Ethical AI in HR: A Path to Success
- Streamlined talent acquisition and recruitment: optimise large volumes of resumes, candidate screenings and video interviews
- Enhanced new hire onboarding: provide personalised onboarding experiences, guiding new employees and answering common questions while freeing up HR resources
- Predictive analytics for retention and succession planning: by analysing various data points, AI helps HR leaders identify flight risks, address retention challenges and develop effective succession plans
- Intelligent performance management: deliver real-time feedback and personalised development plans for more accurate performance assessments and fair recognition of employee achievements
- Learning and development advancements: deliver personalised training content, identify skills gaps and create targeted development programs based on individual employee needs
- Employee engagement and well-being: monitor employee engagement and well-being and enable proactive support measures through various channels, including surveys, chat interactions and social media
- Human-in-the-loop decision-making: ensure bias mitigation and prevent unintended harm by allowing human oversite
Unleashing the Power of a Future-Ready Workforce
When businesses harmonise productivity and growth with an easily-accessible and intelligent system designed for the new world of work, they future-proof themselves to weather any storm.
As a pioneer in workplace learning, Cornerstone is uniquely positioned to help businesses and their people navigate the future of work and leverage innovations, like AI, to learn, grow and succeed. Our team is hyper-focused on developing technology to help our customers embrace AI intentionally and strategically, just as The Jetsons were inspired to do.
Learn more about how Cornerstone AI engines guide, curate and customise personal experiences to transform skills at scale.
Want to keep learning? Explore our products, customer stories, and the latest industry insights.
A pillar of progress: AI for HR depends on good data
In the ever-evolving landscape of Human Resources (HR) technology, Artificial Intelligence (AI) has emerged as a game-changer. AI-driven tools promise to streamline HR processes, enhance decision-making and revolutionize the employee experience. However, the efficacy of these AI solutions is only partially dependent on the sophistication of algorithms or the power of computational hardware. In fact, a large part of the equation hinges on a fundamental foundation — good data.
The crucial role of humans in AI oversight
In the age of rapidly advancing artificial intelligence (AI) technologies, there’s often a concern that humans may become obsolete, replaced by intelligent machines. However, humans remain as vital as ever when overseeing and managing AI systems. Integrating AI technologies with human expertise and oversight is crucial to ensure ethical decision-making, maintain accountability and mitigate potential risks. Let's explore why humans play a pivotal role in AI oversight, even as technology progresses.
The importance of ethical AI for HR
In the ever-evolving world of HR technology, where the boundaries of possibility are constantly being pushed, one principle remains steadfast: ethical AI. It's not just about innovation — it's about harnessing the power of artificial intelligence with integrity and empathy. At the intersection of human resources and cutting-edge AI lies a pivotal juncture that can redefine the employee experience. One where ethical AI becomes the catalyst for creating a workplace that truly understands, supports and empowers its people.