Protecting the planet is more crucial with each passing day.
According to the Climate Clock, humanity’s best window to make bold changes and mitigate the worst climate impacts are in the next seven years. The Earth Day 2022 theme is "Invest in Our Planet" because time is short, and we all must work together to make a difference.
“Now is the time for the unstoppable courage to preserve and protect our health, our families, our livelihoods… Together, we must invest in our planet. We need to act (boldly), innovate (broadly), and implement (equitably). It’s going to take all of us. All in. Businesses, governments and citizens — everyone accounted for and everyone accountable. A partnership for the planet.” –From EarthDay.org's Earth Day 2022 statement
This April 22, for Earth Day, Cornerstone is doing our part to invest in our planet by helping educate and provide actionable ideas for corporate environmental sustainability. It’s going to take all of us. That’s why Cornerstone has produced new content to educate organizations and their people on the value of corporate sustainability.
What is corporate environmental sustainability?
Corporate sustainability is a “business strategy for long-term growth that works in harmony with people and the planet.”
Corporations may be the most important factor in driving change for sustainability and climate change. The founders of Earth Day agree. “Like other economic revolutions, inventors, innovators, businesses and investors are the most likely to drive significant change.” Government policy and action are driven by the economy, therefore, creating economic value for green changes may be the catalyst to implementing meaningful policies for a greener planet.
Corporate sustainability is good for the planet and your business. The next natural question is, “How can my organization get started or improve?”
We’re here to help.
Learning and actionable steps for a greener business
Building a greener organization and joining the fight against climate change starts with learning and skills development. To that end, we created two new series designed to educate your people and drive action.
First, our award-winning covers a variety of topics related to corporate sustainability. In DNA: Sustainability, you’ll learn how to promote recycling in your office, work with people who have different views than yours, make sustainable choices while traveling for work and more. As an Original Learning series, DNA is made up of self-directed, socially driven learning bursts focused on teaching digital natives (and non-natives) people skills at work.
DNA: Sustainability – new season episodes
- What Is Corporate Sustainability? – Understand the basics of corporate sustainability.
- The Last Straw – Reduce your organization's plastic consumption
- The Conscious Traveler – Make sustainable choices while traveling for work
- Recycled Intentions – Learn how to get your company to prioritize recycling
- Green Is the New Black – Highlight the organizational benefits of sustainable practices
- The Client Climate – Avoid clients confrontations around sustainability
- Not Just PR – Identify how to stay accountable for your sustainability efforts
Cornerstone Originals also offers The Glossary: Sustainability. The new season of this series defines common words you may encounter about corporate sustainability; each lesson is under 60 seconds.
The Glossary: Sustainability – new season episodes
- Corporate Sustainability – How can a company practice sustainability?
- Linear Economy – Identify the differences between a linear economy and a circular economy
- Triple Bottom Line – Learn what the Triple Bottom Line outlines and how it impacts society
- Climate Change – Explore other effects of climate change and how companies can play a part in reducing these issues
- Water Scarcity – Recognize what causes water scarcity and its effects on humans
- Carbon Neutral – Learn what it takes to become carbon neutral
We also assembled a number of TED courses surrounding corporate sustainability. These courses focus on reducing waste, solar energy and how space technologies improve life on earth.
Get started getting green
Visit the Cornerstone Content Hub for free course previews of multiple learning series, including DNA and The Glossary courses on sustainability. And if you’re inspired to get more involved with Earth Day, visit earthday.org for an action toolkit and other ways to get involved.
Want to keep learning? Explore our products, customer stories, and the latest industry insights.
Pride Month and beyond: Building inclusive workplaces through learning
In recent years, there’s been significant progress in advancing LGBTQ+ rights and fostering a more inclusive society. It’s crucial for organizations to actively support their LGBTQ+ employees and stay updated on current issues.
DHL Group delivering skills-first careers powered by AI
DHL Group is the world’s leading logistics company. DHL Group is made up of a family of close-knit business divisions all working together to meet customers’ needs.