The Commission Clerk will report directly to the Accounting Manager. The candidate will be a key contributor to many departmental goals and objectives and be involved in multiple projects including implementing a commission software system. The candidate will be responsible for the administration of commissions while demonstrating solid performance in productivity and accuracy/quality. The candidate will evaluate and analyze areas or steps within the commission process for improvement, and/or efficiencies in an effort to increase accuracy and decrease future disputes. The candidate will also have to maintain a thorough understanding of complex compensation plans in order to manage and enforce compliance. This person will assist in accounting and finance related functions such as, deferred commission accounting, monthly close, and audit support.
The Commission Accountant will calculate sales reps commission payouts timely and accurately. The candidate will calculate commissions, provide commission statement to sales reps, answer inquiries related to commissions and assist in complying with GAAP accounting standards. The candidate will develop relationships and communicate regularly with the sales teams.
We are looking for someone who is honest, hardworking, and able to interact with management on a daily basis. This candidate must be focused, intelligent, dependable, and able to have fun. We provide an attractive environment for career advancement in a fast growing company.
- Calculate sales commissions
- Assist in preparation of schedules and reports in support of annual audit
- Assist in monthly and quarterly close process primarily related to deferred commissions and accrued commissions
- Assist in producing reports on a regular and ad hoc basis
- Assist with Account Payable when needed
Required Skills and Experience
- Bachelor’s Degree in Accounting a plus
- 1-3 years of accounting related experience a plus
- Commissions processing experience a plus
- Strong attention to detail is required
- Must be able to work independently and a team player
- Advanced Excel skills is preferred
- Knowledge of NetSuite or another accounting system is a plus
- Effective written and verbal communication skills
Full Medical, Dental, Vision and Life insurance Benefits, Fresh Fruit Tuesday, Bagel Breakfast Wednesdays and Free Lunch Fridays, Gym Membership, 2 Weeks Vacation, 401K, Flexible Spending Benefits, Annual Performance Review and STOCK Options, all in a Beautiful Business Park in Santa Monica, Ca.
About Cornerstone OnDemand
Cornerstone OnDemand empowers people around the world with on-demand, integrated learning and talent management software and services for connecting, developing and performing in the workplace. Used by more than 6 million active subscribers in 176 countries, the company is headquartered in Santa Monica, California and has international offices in London, Paris, Munich, Mumbai and Tel Aviv. A successful software company with a smart workforce, we offer a fun entrepreneurial, collaborative, and challenging work environment.
Cornerstone OnDemand is also committed to empowering communities around the globe by improving access to education and opportunities through the Cornerstone OnDemand Foundation.
For more information, visit www.csod.com.